Full list of publications on Google Scholar
Bernsland M, Moshfegh A, Lindén K, Bajin S, Quintero L, Solsona J, and Rostami A. CS:NO – an Extended Reality Experience for Cyber Security Education. ACM International Conference on Interactive Media Experiences (IMX ‘22). 287–292. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1145/3505284.3532971
Quintero L, Papapetrou P, Muñoz JE, De Mooij J, and Gaebler M. Excite-O-Meter: an Open-Source Unity Plugin to Analyze Heart Activity and Movement Trajectories in Custom VR Environments. IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (IEEE VR - Workshops), (virtual). 2022. https://doi.org/10.1109/VRW55335.2022.00017
Quintero L, Papapetrou P, Hollmén J, Fors U. Effective Classification of Head Motion Trajectories in Virtual Reality using Time-Series Methods. 4th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality (AIVR), Taichung, Taiwan (virtual). 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/AIVR52153.2021.00015
Quintero L, Muñoz JE, De Mooij J., and Gaebler M. Excite-O-Meter: Software Framework to Integrate Heart Activity in Virtual Reality. 2021 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), Bari, Italy (virtual). 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR52148.2021.00052
Muñoz JE, Quintero L, Stephens CL and Pope AT. Taxonomy of Physiologically Adaptive Systems and Design Framework. International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2021), Adaptive Instructional Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp 559-576. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-77857-6_40
Quintero L. Understanding research methodologies when combining virtual reality technology with machine learning techniques . In The 13th PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments Conference (PETRA’20), Corfu, Greece. ACM, 4 pages. https://doi.org/10.1145/3389189.3394093
Muñoz JE, Quintero L, Stephens CL and Pope AT. A Psychophysiological Model of Firearms Training in Police Officers: A Virtual Reality Experiment for Biocybernetic Adaptation. Frontiers in Psychology. 11:683. 2020. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.00683 Journal (Open Access) 📖
Quintero L, Muñoz JE, Papapetrou P. Open-Source Physiological Computing Framework using Heart Rate Variability in Mobile Virtual Reality Applications. 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality (AIVR), San Diego, CA, USA. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/AIVR46125.2019.00027
Quintero L, Papapetrou P, Muñoz JE, Fors U. Implementation of Mobile-based Real-time Heart Rate Variability Detection for Personalized Healthcare. Workshop TMDM in IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDMW), Beijing, China. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDMW.2019.00123
Muñoz JE, Pope AT, Quintero L.V.. Integrating Biocybernetic Adaptation in Virtual Reality Training Concentration and Calmness in Target Shooting. International Conference on Physiological Computing Systems (PhyCS). 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-27950-9_12
[Master’s Thesis] Quintero, L. Facilitating Technology-based Mental Health Interventions with Mobile Virtual Reality and Wearable Smartwatches. Karolinska Institutet | Stockholm University. Master’s Programme in Health Informatics.
Badia, S. B. i, Quintero, L. V., Cameirao, M. S., Chirico, A., Triberti, S., Cipresso, P., & Gaggioli, A. Towards Emotionally-Adaptive Virtual Reality for Mental Health Applications. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/JBHI.2018.2878846 Journal (Open Access) 📖
- (2020-2022)Lab: Data Mining with Python, Teaching Assistant, Aug-Oct, 140h. Part of the course Data Mining in Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- (2020-2022) Lab: Introduction to Data Mining with Python, Teaching Assistant, Mar-May, 75h. Part of the course Data Sciences for Health Informatics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- (2020-2022) Lab: Building Virtual Reality Apps with Unity, Teaching Assistant, February, 20h. Part of the course Design for Emerging Technologies, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- (2016) Microprocessors architecture, Course Leader, Feb-Jun. For students in BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Caldas University, Colombia.
- (2016) Application development with Unity, Course Leader, Feb-Jun. For students of vocational training in Visual Design, Unitécnica Manizales, Colombia.
- (2016) Introduction to databases, Course Leader, Feb-Jun. For students of vocational training in Computer Science. Unitécnica Manizales, Colombia.
📜 Thesis Supervision
- Daniel Schulze, Explainability of personalized stress detection models from wearable-collectible physiological data, MSc. Health Infromatics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
- Divya Damodaran, Machine Learning for prediction of start and termination of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson’s Disease, MSc. Health Infromatics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
- Yujie Xiang, Understanding Heart Rate Responses to Detect Emotional Valence Using Interpretable Machine Learning, MSc. Health Infromatics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
- Dana Kokey, Towards detecting arousal level from heart rate information in virtual reality 360-degree videos, MSc. Health Informatics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden.
- Alborz Alipour, Outlier Detection in Stock Market Prediction through Anomaly Detection, MSc. Computer Science and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Samiiha Nalwooga, Knowledge distillation for building accurate plant classification models for mobile devices, MSc. Computer Science and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Mawada Hamad,The trade-off between performance and compression rate when applying knowledge distillation, MSc. Computer Science and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Ali Mussayab, Design requirements for Recruiting Contingent Café Baristas with Immersive Virtual Reality Simulations (IVRS): A design-based research approach, MSc. Design for Creative and Immersive Technologies, Stockholm University, Sweden.
📚 Other research activities
- Program Committee member in IEEE International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality (AIVR)
- Reviewer in Conference IEEE VR (2021)
- Reviewer in Conference IEEE AIVR (2020, 2021)
- Reviewer in Granular Computing Journal (2019)
- Reviewer in Data Mining Journal (2022)
- Reviewer in International Journal Human Computer Interaction (2022)